While de-cluttering, cleaning, painting and minor repairs will prepare your home for sale, staging is the process of showcasing your home for sale. According to a study conducted by the Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) homes that previously failed to sell, SOLD in 73% less time after they were professionally staged. Another study by RESA of 410 professionally staged homes concluded that these homes SOLD 79% faster than similar homes that were not staged.
I know in my own personal experience, the homes that I stage sell much faster. Over the last 3 years, the homes we stage have sold in an average of 8 days! Take for example the picture at the top of this post. This particular seller tried selling the home with 5 other agents and no offers. We came in, staged the home…and SOLD it in 5 Days!! (By the way, we do not charge the seller to stage…it is a cost that I incur as part of marketing your home)
If you have a home that you think could benefit from our staging and marketing services. Call me today to discuss.
7 Seller Benefits to Staging Your Home
1. Professionally staged homes present and show better than competing houses for sale, including new construction homes and higher-priced houses.
2. Staged properties will sell faster when compared with houses that have not been staged. From the date of listing until the day of closing, home staging shortens this time frame, even in a slow real estate market.
3. Staged properties can increase the number of offers and selling price in hot markets.
4. Buyers view professionally staged listings as “well-maintained”.
5. Buyers’ agents recognize that professionally staged listings are “move-in” ready and are inclined to show staged properties.
6. Photos of professionally staged listings look better on the MLS, as well as in print.
7. Professionally staged listings “STAND-OUT” in prospective buyers’ minds.